Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Events DEE-signed's 2014 Year-In-Review

This is a blog that I really wanted to write in January, but I kept putting it off.  Getting this blog written down is very helpful for me to see how much better Events DEE-signed did booking & coordinating events & weddings from the previous year.  So instead of deciding that I missed my chance to write it, it's being done now.  Better late than never, right!?!

I still consider myself a very small business.  Event planning is still my "side job" (meaning I can't solely live off of it... yet!!), but I am steadily meeting more people, learning more helpful business habits, and increasing the number of events I coordinate each year.


In 2014, I booked 7 weddings!!  Only 6 actually happened, & one of those was just a couple of hours of assistance, but the point is that they found me and wanted to hire me!!  I also planned 2 bachelorette parties, games for a child's birthday party (a Lego themed one, fun!!), and my own daughter's college graduation party.  (Okay, so technically I didn't hire myself, but I did put a lot into it.)

-For more photos, head over to my Facebook albums.-

I was hired as the photographer for one of my weddings, and was asked to be the second shooter for Sherry Farrell Photography on 3 of hers.  Photography is something that I have always loved, and getting to take pictures with her super-nice camera was a real treat!!  That line of work is something that I could actually see myself venturing into if I take the time to learn more about my camera & some advanced shooting techniques.  I already have the eye for it, but more training never hurt anyone.  

  -My first gig as a photographer's assistant.-   
  -Sherry & I at the Wedding Market Expo
 in St. Louis.-     

















This year I participated in my very first bridal show.  My local wedding association (Lake of the Ozarks Wedding Association) decided to put on our own, and I was in charge of the wonderful committee full of wedding professionals that made it a huge success.

-Lake of the Ozarks Bridal Show 2014 - Events DEE-signed booth.-
A new discovery for me, Twitter chats, turned out to be an amazing way to meet other people in the wedding industry.  Lots of great idea sharing & learning from all over the country, some even further away.  I also attended training through the Wedding Market Expo in St. Louis, MO for 2 days.  This was full of extremely useful tips for marketing Events DEE-signed, I met some really amazing & successful people in my industry, and most importantly it got me excited about sharing my business and pushing it to grow.

Well, that was my year.  Not too shabby, if I do say so myself!!  Enough to show some personal growth for my business, and plenty to build upon for 2015.  I hope that you stay tuned and watch it grow even more.  Even better, head on over to the beautiful Lake of the Ozarks this summer and let me help you throw a party!!  (wink, wink)




     "I'll plan, 
so you can party!!"

Deanna Powell

www.EventsDEE-signed.com
(573) 216-3422


No comments:

Post a Comment