Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wedding Wednesday: PURPLE!!

Even though the 2014 Lake of the Ozarks Bridal Show (#LakeBridalShow) is over for this year, I still have it on the brain.  


I had such a great time meeting so very many different brides and grooms.  There were a lot of fun people there that I can't wait to work with!!  

While looking for a little inspiration for this week's blog, I decided to use the GORGEOUS "Concord Grape" tablecloth at the back of my booth, that Connie Duglin Specialty Linens was kind enough to let me borrow, to inspire me.   Plus it's my very favorite color in the world.  (And my birthstone!!)


Not only did I fall in love with this tablecloth the minute I saw it, but so very many people stopped to comment about how gorgeous it was, it was nice to know that it wasn't just me thinking so.  Next step, check out Pinterest and some other online pages to see similar things to go along with it.  

Purple Rose Pomanders
Purple Ombre Rose Cake
Both of these options have the same look of the tablecloth, but on a little bit smaller scale.  I wouldn't use these ideas right on top of each other, but in the same room would definitely work.  Throwing in a nice solid tablecloth or accent material in a complimentary color (like pink or silver) would work beautifully.  





Now for some fashion accents.  The heel on the left would look gorgeous on a bridesmaid or maybe even as a pop of color peeking out from beneath a long white gown.  The heels on the right might seem a little loud for most (not all) weddings, but I LOVE them, so how about for the bachelorette party?  Sounds like a great excuse to me!! 
Purple Strappy Heel

Purple Sparkly Heel



This ring isn't traditional at all, but so romantic with the double-hearts and swirling gold.  

Amethyst double-heart ring

Lavender is a great scent and flavor to use all around the reception.  This Lavender Lemonade would be a really nice, extra touch.  The link below also gives tips on the kind of lavender to use.  
Lavender Lemonade
Most of the decorations here are in white, but the lighting gives the entire room a purple glow than sets an amazing mood and makes the room look even more decorated than it is.  Great lighting is a very worthwhile expense if you can find a spot for it in your budget.

Purple Lighting
Well, there are just a few purple ideas to wet your creative appetite.  All it takes is one item that catches your eye to get the ideas flowing.  Before you know it, an entire wedding has formed around that one thing.  "Themes" sometimes just happen on their own when you let inspiration take over.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment