Friday, April 4, 2014

A Twitter Chat with David Tutera!!

I have discovered a wonderful group of wedding professionals to chat with via Twitter every Wedding Wednesday from noon to 1:00.  Wedding Market hosts it and has guest speakers from the wedding industry every week to answer questions, then they open it up to questions from the group.  I am learning a LOT (including how to actually use Twitter!!) from this awesome group.  

Last week David Tutera (Yes, THAT David Tutera!!) was the featured guest, and I actually got a response to my own question.  A Bride on a Budget (she is planning her own wedding and has a really helpful blog and a Twitter chat (#BridalBabble) of her own on Wednesdays) blogged about her Tutera answer, giving me the inspiration for this post.  If you are planning a wedding, please take a look at her page!!

Anyway, I wanted some advice from this incredibly successful event planner on how to convince couples that we really are an important part of a wedding.  




I love the way he worded that.  I try to tell prospective clients this, but unfortunately a lot of them do not believe me until the day of the event, and by then it's too late.  Ask a married couple if they wish they could have had someone there to take care of the craziness for them and more than likely their answer will be yes.  This fits right along with my motto, "I'll plan, so you can party!!"

Thank you Wedding Market for the chance to get some advice from an amazing planner.  Thank you Bride on a Budget for the blog post idea.  Thank you David Tutera for all of the wonderful advice from that day.  Please click the links in the blog to see some more of that day's chat.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment